Author Topic: How To Survive Your Homeowners Insurance Claim  (Read 3161 times)

Sentry

How To Survive Your Homeowners Insurance Claim
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »
Imagine for a  moment that as you are going about your morning at work you receive a shocking telephone call.  It is your alarm company, and they are calling to tell you that your fire alarm is activated and they are notifying the fire department.  You race home only to discover that there has indeed been a fire, and your home and virtually all of your belongings have suffered massive fire, smoke, and water damage.  Suddenly, all that you own that is worth having are the clothes on your back and an insurance policy!

As terrible as that is to imagine, it is a nightmare reality for many.  In fact, there are about 1,025 house fires every single day in the United States.   And that is just fires!  Add in the broken pipes, fallen trees, and other major mishaps and you quickly understand that there are tens of thousands of major insurance claims occurring every day.  Unfortunately for many, the mishap is just the start of the disaster, as they begin the long journey toward having their home, belongings, and lives restored.

I have written a consumer reference book titled "How to Survive your Homeowners Insurance Claim . . . (and still be friends with your insurance company!)  www.surviveyourclaim.com  This book walks the reader through every phase of an insurance claim, including how to purchase the best insurance from the start.   Among many topics it explains insurance coverages, provides expert help in choosing a repair contractor, and details the steps to working with your mortgage company so your insurance funds are released in a timely way.  In 8.5 x 11, 12 pt Arial format it is 165 pages (including glossaries and appendices), and has approximately 71,500 words.  It is an easy read and conversational in tone.

The book shines light on the novel truth that because you cannot fire your insurance company in the middle of a claim, the probability of a successful insurance claim is established when we purchase our insurance!

I have been actively involved in construction since January, 1991, focusing entirely on fire and water damage restoration work.  I learned this business from my great uncle, who started our company in 1957.  I am the third generation in my family to be involved in "insurance repair" construction, and it is a profession that I know intimately.  Not only are we skilled at the actual clean-up and construction work necessary, we are also skilled in helping our clients navigate the maze of agents, adjusters, inspectors, investigators, and mortgage companies that are part of the restoration process, and also in summiting the mountain of paperwork that accompanies a large insurance claim. 

With over twenty three years of hands on experience, my company has successfully helped almost ten thousand clients through the damage repair process.  I am a recognized expert in this field, and I hold nearly all  of the pinnacle designations available.  I am a court recognized expert witness as well as an expert in the appraisal process used to settle disputed claims.

If you or someone you know is going through an insurance claim, this book is for you!  At only $19.99 + shipping, it is a bargain!
www.surviveyourclaim.com